Make your website a viable piece of property
Very often – less is more…
And that goes for your website too.
Do you need 10, 20, 30 —- 100 pages on your website to get your point across? Nope – not in the least. Of course, there ARE some sites that need quite a large number of pages, but in general, a website for most businesses only needs five standard pages to make it a viable, attractive, user-friendly, and professional.
I’ve seen it a lot where start-up business owners feel they need pages and pages filled with content. Honestly, a website over-clutter with too many pages will over-whelm your site visitors. Yes indeed – less is more.
Let’s take a look at the basic pages your website needs:
- Home Page: This page reassures your site’s visitors that they have found the website they have been looking for. The Home Page briefly explains how you can help them.
- About Page: The About Page should tell your site’s visitors who you are, what your business is about, more of how you can help them, and the benefits of working with you.
- Services Page: On the Services Page you would provide a detailed list individual services (add pricing if you wish), and again, how your services benefits your site’s visitors.
- Contact us page: Make it easy for your site’s visitors to get in touch with you. On the Contact Us Page you should have a form for people to fill out, or if you prefer, a contact phone number and/or an email address.
- Blog Page: On a regular basis (once a week, twice a week, etc) you would write a blog post (article). Search Engines love blogs as it is content that is regularly posted. It gives them more to index, and all that fresh content helps to rank you higher on the search pages. You are also educating your site’s visitors – and it creates credibility on your part.
Of course, as your business grows, you website will grow as well. You might want to add videos, audios, product pages, sales pages, landing pages, or other items you need as your business begins to develop.
Let us help you design your website. Your business deserves to have someone who is dedicated to design, and knows their way around WordPress. Contact us today to get started!